Career: Software tester and documenter
The role of the software tester/documenter is to test technical solutions to ensure they meet the client’s needs and to create documentation that supports the client’s use of the technical solution. To do this it is essential that you understand the client and what business problem the software you are testing and documenting is solving for them.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read documents, carry out research and meet with other team members to understand what the client needs are and what business problem the software is supposed to solve.
- Produce test scripts, test plans and test data.
- Manual testing of software.
- Develop automated tests for repeated tasks.
- Communicate potential solutions to the client.
- Discuss potential solutions with the software developers.
- Produce user documentation.
- Setup test environments and issue tracking tools.
- Be proactive in improving and developing 67 Bricks processes and systems.
- Update 67 Bricks website.
- Research and propose testing and documentation best practices.
Type of person we are looking for
We are a small, young company looking for new people who want to have a real impact where they work. We offer a great opportunity for those people looking to gain excellent experience by working with some of the best people in the industry. We think people should enjoy what they do, we are looking for people who have a genuine interest in software, technology, testing and software. We are interested in speaking to people with anywhere between 0-2 years industry experience. The starting salary will be dependent on your experience. You will need to be well organised, rigorous, relentless and thorough and have excellent written communication skills.
How to apply