Career: Publishing consultant
Central Oxford or home based
67 Bricks are a highly regarded software development consultancy that helps publishers enrich their content and develop strategic digital solutions. We are based in the UK and work with many of the leading academic publishers. The role of publishing consultant is to work with our clients to understand and deliver the desired business objectives. This requires you to have an excellent understanding of what our clients are trying to achieve, it requires you to have good relationships with client contacts and it requires you to manage engagements so that they are delivered successfully and profitably.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop excellent working relationships with new and existing clients.
- Meet with clients to understand what they need to achieve to meet the challenges and opportunities presenting them.
- Work with the client to uncover and document the business requirements for a project.
- Review and assess whether the proposed technical solutions will deliver the client’s business objectives.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure client satisfaction.
- Work closely with the project manager to manage the resources, timescales and budgets for client projects to ensure they are delivered successfully and profitably.
- Ensure progress is communicated effectively at all times to both the client and the technical team.
- Take overall responsibility for client project success.
- Deliver revenues from existing clients by uncovering new ways to help them (new project opportunities).
- Keep abreast of the publishing space, changes to business models and advances in technology.
- Contribute to marketing activities by writing or commissioning case studies, obtaining client quotes etc.
- Work closely with the client services director on pre-sales activities such as company presentations and proposals to help secure new business.
- Represent 67 Bricks as the industry leader in delivering strategic digital publishing solutions by networking, attending and presenting at relevant events.
Type of person we are looking for
We are a small, focused company looking for people who want to have a real impact where they work.
We want publishing consultants who enjoy building close relationships with clients and who are capable of managing the delivery of client solutions. You should be an excellent communicator and have a good understanding of the publishing industry.
We think people should enjoy what they do. We are looking for people who have a genuine interest in understanding and solving publishers’ problems. We expect candidates to have worked for a publisher or worked in the publishing industry. Candidates must have a desire and passion to engage with our clients and develop mutually beneficial long term relationships.
How to apply
Closing date17 April 2017