Career: Business development consultant
About 67 Bricks
67 Bricks are a highly regarded software development consultancy that build data-driven information products for publishers. The systems we build are implemented using modern ‘best in breed’ content and data technologies that focus on delivering compelling user experiences and giving publishers the control, flexibility and agility they need to become user focussed product companies. We are a vibrant, growing company who are experts at what we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a business development consultant to join our friendly, growing team. You will be responsible for managing our business development processes, coordinating sales activities such as the preparation of proposals, contracts, estimates and responses to RFPs. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure that proposals are technically sound, meet customers’ business objectives and can be successfully resourced and delivered. You will develop a good understanding of 67 Bricks’ services and how they help publishers achieve their business objectives in order to articulate our value to customers clearly and accurately. This is a new position, so the successful candidate will have a real opportunity to shape their role and improve our processes.
- Manage our business development processes and coordinate day to day sales activities.
- Develop a good understanding of 67 Bricks’ services and how they can be used by new and existing customers to address their business needs.
- Identify potential customers in core and adjacent markets.
- Arrange and attend sales meetings with clients.
- Prepare project cost and schedule estimates.
- Prepare documents such as proposals, contracts, responses to RFPs and presentations for current and prospective customers.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gain feedback and input into documents to ensure the solutions outlined are technically sound, meet customers’ business objectives and can be successfully resourced and delivered.
- Work with internal stakeholders to standardise and improve our sales and business development processes.
- Run regular internal sales meetings.
- Maintain records for all leads, prospects and customers.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the sales and/or business development process in a technical b2b environment, preferably in the publishing and/or information industries.
- Experience of preparing formal documents such as proposals and contracts.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Good time management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of key business drivers.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively as part of a remote team.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and bring the right people into discussions at the right time.
- A customer-focused attitude and consultative sales approach.
- Desire to learn new skills and adapt to change.
- Good understanding of the scholarly communications environment.
- Genuine interest in how technology is transforming the publishing industry.
- Experience of giving formal presentations and demonstrating technology solutions.
- Experience of implementing new processes.
Type of person we are looking for
We are a vibrant, growing company looking for people who want to have a real impact where they work. We think people should enjoy what they do. The right person will be enthusiastic about developments in publishing technology and how data-driven approaches and technologies such as semantic enrichment, AI and machine learning are driving change in the industry. We’re looking for someone who has passion, can articulate value clearly and effectively, will take ownership of improving our processes, and is driven to help us win long term customers.
Location, benefits and working pattern
The role can be based at our central Oxford location, be home-based or be a combination of home- and office-based. The successful candidate must be able to travel to our central Oxford office regularly to attend scheduled meetings. Some travel will be required to attend sales meetings and events.
This is a full time role, however part-time may be considered for the right candidate.
Our employee benefits include:
- Support for personal learning and development
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Please send your CV with a short covering email to Jennifer Schivas: email@example.com
Closing date: 5th July 2019.